Sunday 2 March 2014

A Sanderling at Last!

I have been to various beaches during the winter in the hopes of photographing a Sanderling but never managed to get one. Yesterday I went down to Worthing to photograph a Little Gull which was showing very well (but was a bugger to try and photograph due to it's fast and erratic flight!). I had hoped to see a Grey Wagtail too but sadly couldn't locate any. As the sun was out I assumed the beach would be packed with people but it was completely empty apart from a number of waders which I managed to photograph. I managed to get my Sanderling and also got a decent Dunlin picture. I would have got a good ringed plover picture but having spent about 10 minutes crawling on my tummy along the beach to creep up on it (much to the amusement of people walking along the coast road!) someone came onto the beach and scared it off!

63. Lttle Gull


64. Teal 

65. Sanderling

Dunlin 



2 comments:

  1. Like that Little Gull in flight Glenn :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Warren - was a real tricky sod to photograph!!

    ReplyDelete