Wednesday 13 August 2014

Iceland Birds

One of the reasons I wanted to do this challenge was to prepare and get as much practice as possible photographing birds for my holiday to Iceland. At first I had planned to aim for 100-120 birds but thought I would set the challenge at 150 because I knew I would get a few in Iceland. What I was nit prepared for was a) how many birds I would see and b) just how close I would be able to get to so many different birds. I saw so many birds I have never seen before and was fortunate enough to be able to photograph all of them. (some better than others!). If anyone wants a great place to go on holiday with wonderful scenery and superb wildlife I could not recomend Iceland highly enough. The photos below are a selection of the hundreds I took. I am still going through the photos so will post more, with more detail about the country, later but for now these are the birds I managed to see and photograph:
123. Arctic Skua

124. Arctic Tern
Barnacle Geese
125. Barrow's Goldeneye
126. Black Guillemot
Black Tailed Godwit
Dunlin
127. Eider
128. Fulmar
129. Gannet
130. Glaucous Gull
131. Golden Plover
132. Great Northern Diver
133. Great Skua
134. Guillemots
135. Gyr Falcon
136. Harlequin Duck
137. Kittiwake
138. Manx Shearwater
139. Merlin
140. Pink Footed Geese
141. Ptarmigan
142. Puffin
143. Red Necked Phalarope
144. Red Throated Diver
Redwing
Slavonian Grebe
145. Snow Bunting
146. Whimbrel
147. White Tailed Sea Eagle
148. White Wagtail
149. Whooper Swan





























2 comments:

  1. Sorry Glenn,
    The challenge was for UK birds wasn't it! :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No - Made sure I didn't state that!
    Going to try and get as many UK birds as possible though!

    ReplyDelete