Thursday 20 February 2014

Over a third of the way there!

Managed to squeeze in a days photography in between watching the winter olympics and football. Fortunately the weather was good and I managed to see quite a few birds and get a few half decent pictures.
I started the day at Paghem North Wall where there was a low but rising tide. There was a nice curlew on the mud flats that provided me with my first photo op. I then walked along the river a bit to see many ducks and geese - sadly many of these were a little too distant to photograph but I did get some shots.
48. Curlew
49. Wigeon
50. Brent Goose
Saw pintail, teal and various waders too but sadly all  alittle too far away.
I then headed to Pagham Lagoon where I was particularly pleased to see a Slavonian Grebe quite close to the edge allowing some photo ops.
51: 

52. Goldeneye
53. Mediterranean Gulls
I then headed from Pagham to Widewater lagoon. I was hoping for sanderlings on the beach but due to the good weather there were too many walkers around for waders to be present. I did get a couple of new species for my list though.
54. House Sparrow
55. Goosander
My final stop for the day was Beeding Brooks where I had hoped to see an owl or two. I wasn't disappointed and managed to see both short eared owls and a barn owl. I didn't manage a barn owl picture but did get a couple of the short eared owl
56. Short Eared Owl








1 comment:

  1. Coming along nicely Glenn. Like that Sparrow shot, and the Grebe ;-)

    ReplyDelete