Thursday 5 June 2014

Around Kent and Sussex

Since getting back from the Peak District I have had a few days out around Sussex and Kent. I figured I would make the most of the fact I have slightly more free time now the football season has finished (and with the world cup starting soon my free time will disappear as I do intend to watch every game!!). I managed a few new species and improved on shots of a few others.

First stop was Arundel where I managed to add Pheasant to my list (to be honest I have seen loads and only just realised I hadn't inclded it yet!). Was also nice to get a better shot of a common tern.

109. Pheasant

Common Tern:

Oare Marshes was the next place I went and managed to add Black Tailed Godwit to the list.
110: Black Tailed Godwits

Saw a bearded tit but failed to get a shot as it flew too quick and didn't reappear. Next stop was Shellness where I was hoping to see Little Tern but sadly none about. I did manage to add one species to the list however:
111. Ringed Plover
Was also nice to see a summer plumage dunlin:

I went to Elmley marshes next and although no new species was pleased with a couple of shots:
Redshank:

Yellow Wagtail:

Also managed to photograph a hare while I was there:



The next place I visited was Loder Valley at Wakehurst Place. I managed to see and photograph one of my favourite birds. I'll definitely be going back there again as I love kingfishers and have been trying to get a shot of one for over a year!
112: Kingfisher

Also nice to see Grey Wagtails around:

And finally a shot I forgot to add to my Peak District post!
113: Whinchat










1 comment: