Thursday 5 June 2014

Short trip to the Peak District

Over the school half term my sons both went to Barcelona (lucky gits!) on a school trip. My wife and I thought we would take advantage of having some time to ourselves to visit the Peak District - a place neither of us had been before.
We went on various walks and when it rained visited some lovely national trust buildings. I also managed a few shots toward my target including a couple of birds I have never seen before :)
The best place for photographs was at Stanage Edge - it was a nice day and crowded with tourists but there was one small area with few people in where I managed a few shots:
106: Red Grouse

107. Ring Ouzel

Wheatear: 

Not a bird but I was pleased with this shot of a stoat:
108: Pied Wagtail
Curlew:
Went to Dove Stone Reservoir RSPB reserve and saw pretty much nothing! However we did meet a guy who told us of a good spot to see Dippers. Sadly I knocked my camera and ended up shooting with all the wrong settings!! Did get 1 or 2 half decent shots though.
Dipper:

Overall a lovely few days away and a much needed break :)




No comments:

Post a Comment